Making A Claim

An estimated 20 percent of UK’s population lives in rented council houses.  It is the duty of the council to ensure that the houses are in safe condition.  Any property rented to tenants must be kept safe and reasonable steps must be taken to prevent accidents from occurring.

But, there are times when accidents in council houses do take place.  If a tenant has sustained injuries in an accident for which the council was responsible, the tenant may be able to make a council claim.

In order to be held accountable for an injury on a council rented premises, it is important that the council was negligent in maintaining the property in a safe condition and that the negligence must have been the cause of the injury.  The following must be proven in order to hold the council responsible for your injury.

  • The council was responsible for maintaining the portion of the property that caused the accident
  • The council has failed to take reasonably practicable steps to avoid the accident
  • Giving adequate warning to the tenants or fixing the problem would not have been very costly or unreasonably expensive.
  • A serious injury resulted due to the failure of the council to fix the problem
  • The failure or negligence on the part of the council caused the accident
  • The tenant sustained injuries as a result of the accident

Contact Us Today

If you live in a council rented house and have sustained injuries due to the negligence of the council to provide a safe environment, we can help you make a council claim.

Our solicitors have the experience needed to assist you with your case on a risk free no win no fee basis and help you obtain the rightful compensation.

You can arrange a consultation with our expert solicitors by calling us on our free phone or by sending your details via our quick online enquiry form.