Common Council House Accidents

An estimated 15 million people live in rented council houses in the UK.  It is the duty of the local councils to keep their properties in safe conditions.  They must take all reasonable steps to ensure that accidents are prevented in council houses.

But, it is not always possible to prevent all accidents.  There are times when accidents do take place in council houses.  If you rent in a council house and have suffered injuries in an accident that was caused due to the negligent act of the local council, you may be entitled to make a council house compensation claim.

Accidents in council houses can take place under a variety of circumstances.  Here’s a look at some common council house accidents.

  • Accidents on stairs due to worn carpets and faulty stair bannisters
  • Scalds and burn injuries caused by faulty heating equipment
  • Slips, trips and falls on slippery flooring, paving slabs and uneven surfaces
  • Accidents in gardens caused by faulty items
  • Electrical shocks
  • Injuries caused by falling objects such as roof tiles and guttering
  • Injuries caused by pre-installed electrical equipments such as ovens and cookers
  • Accidents caused after repair work has been carried out to the home by tradesmen hired by the council

Any person who has been injured in a council house due to no fault should ensure that they seek legal help.  This is because they may be entitled to make a council house compensation claim.

Making A Claim

Our expert solicitors have dealt with a number of claims on behalf of people who have suffered injuries in rented council houses.

If you have been through the same and if the local council was responsible for your injury, we can provide free help and advice on how to take your claim further.

We will deal with your claim on a risk free no win no fee basis and ensure that you recover maximum compensation.

If you would like to arrange a discussion, call us on our free phone now.

To arrange a call back, simply fill in our brief online enquiry form.